More Details on the Ballpark
A few more observations from reading the 5 agreements:
- The ballpark capacity is about 37,000 and takes up 927,703 square feet.
- Garages and parking lots will hold at least 5,713 cars with parking likely costing more than $10 per spot per game.
- Construction formally begins on July 1, 2009 with first concrete pouring August 20, 2009. The ballpark will be completed on March 29, 2012.
- The Marlins are locked for 35 years subject to terms of a Non-Relocation Agreement.
- The City of Miami may develop an MLS soccer stadium on site (subject to many restrictions).
- There are different seating sections: Batter’s Box Seats (behind home plate), Dugout Club Seats, Owner’s Box (12 seats within the Batter’s Box Seats), Home Plate Reserved (behind Batter’s Box Seats), Field Box Seats (behind dugouts), Club Level Seats, View Level Box Seats, and Standing Room Positions.
- Suites will come in various sizes and features: Luxury Suites, Founder Suites, Super Suite, Party Suites, Owners Suite, Home GM Box,
- Bleachers will be located in the Fiesta Deck in the outfield.
- A 150 person Party Room will be located behind the outfield wall and will featured catered area with 2 tiers of seats.
- The Field Box Seats and Dugout Club and both will have a pregame buffet, in-game food service and their own bar.
- The main concourse near left field will feature a “Taste of Miami Food Court”.
- The scoreboard will be HD (of course) and there will be several other ribbon boards througout the ballpark.
- Interactive Kids’ Zone will be located in the outfield by Fiesta Seats
- The swimming pool and “beach” will be located in the outfield.
- Main retail store will be accessible from the outside on non-game days.
- Player’s family can relax at a private lounge near the clubhouse.
- A special room will be allocated, if and when needed, for female umpires.
- The bullpens will have artificial turf.